- Discussion 3This week we focus on the movement of traditional IT staff. To facilitate cultural assimilation, IT and non-IT must become more integrated. What are some strategies to implement to allow this type of interaction to occur?Note: The first post should be made by Wednesday 11:59 p.m., EST. I am looking for active engagement in the discussion. Please engage early and often.Your response should be 250-300 words. Respond to two postings provided by your classmates.
- Week 3 AssignmentInformation Systems for Business and Beyond Questions:
- Chapter 3 – study questions 1-8, Exercise 2, 4 & 5
Study Questions 1. Develop your own definition of software being certain to explain the key terms. 2. What are the primary functions of an operating system? 3. Which of the following are operating systems and which are applications: Microsoft Excel, Google Chrome, iTunes, Windows, Android, Angry Birds. 4. What is your favorite software application? What tasks does it help you accomplish? 5. How would you categorize the software that runs on mobile devices? Break down these apps into at least three basic categories and give an example of each. 6. What does an ERP system do? 7. What is open-source software? How does it differ from closed-source software? Give an example of each. 8. What does a software license grant to the purchaser of the software?
2. If you were running a small business with limited funds for information technology, would you consider using cloud computing? Find some web-based resources that support your decision.
4. Review this article on the security risks of open-source software. Write a short analysis giving your opinion on the different risks discussed.
5. List three examples of programming languages? What features in each language makes it useful to developers?
- Information Technology and Organizational Learning Assignment:Chapter 3 – Complete the two assignments noted below:
- Review the strategic integration section. Note what strategic integration is and how it ties to the implementation of technology within an organization.
- Review the information technology roles and responsibilities section. Note how IT is divided based on operations and why this is important to understand within an organization.
- The above submission should be one -page in length and adhere to APA formatting standards.**Remember the APA cover page and the references (if required) do not count towards the page length**Note the first assignment should be in one section and the second section should have the information from the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment. The paper requirements for the two-pages applies to the second part of the assignment directly related to the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment.