Read the following attached articles:
A Profile in Population Health Management: The Sandra Eskenazi Center for Brain Care Innovation: This Care Model Emphasizes Social, Behavioral, and Environmental Determinants of Health When Treating Dementia
Watch the following video:
What Is Population Health? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtBYryLAveE)
After the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010, health care organizations have been faced with significant challenges in providing quality care to all Americans. HealthyPeople.gov (https://health.gov/healthypeople) also encourages health care organizations to focus on the relevance of social determinants and health status.
Take on the role of the administrator of a community hospital in Atlanta, Georgia. You would like to implement a strategic plan to improve the health status of your community. Select a vulnerable population in Atlanta, Georgia affected by a disease or condition. Examples include aging, COVID-19, diabetes, Ebola, heart disease, opioid epidemics, Zikavirus, etc. In three to five pages, detail your strategic plan to address the following:
- Describe the population, including demographics and risk factors that determine health in this population.
- Explain the disease or condition prevalent in this population.
- Identify access and barriers to health care and treatment options for this population, including local, state, and federal policies regulating the control and prevention of your selected disease or condition in this population.
- Propose at least three strategies to improve the health of the selected population.
- Develop at least three key indicators to measure the success of your proposed population health management.
- Support your response with a minimum of three scholarly sources published in the last 5 years formatted according to APA Style.