Think about a time when you experienced a leader who used negative or unethical influence tactics in an organization, or research a leader known for the use of negative or unethical influence tactics. You must identify the leader and organization, and provide a URL to the website of one or the other as part of a narrated presentation.
- Provide a brief overview of the leader and the organization, the situation, and any other key players relevant to the situation.
- Describe the specific unethical influence tactics that were used in the situation. Then, analyze those influence tactics in terms of the leader’s overall leadership strategy and use of power within the organization.
- What was the outcome of the situation? If you were the leader in that situation, what would you have done differently?
- Your power point presentation should be 10-12 narrated slides with images and detailed speaker notes (between 75 to 100 words per slide), not counting the title and reference page slides, which you must include in the presentation.
- See the Example PPT Presentation in the Online Research and Writing Lab for information on presentation development.