read the following resources on Dr. Loïc Wacquant’s research:
An important part of analyzing research approaches includes understanding the positive and negative aspects of varied forms of social research. Ethnography as an approach allows a researcher to immerse in a unique social world in order to experience the lives of those who live there. The most intriguing aspects of this type of qualitative research is how the researcher maintains an ethical and neutral stance, how the experience can impact them, and how they use the experience for positive social change.
In your paper, you will present the benefits of ethnographical research in terms of understanding a unique social world, as well as understanding the qualitative researcher’s role in performing and reporting on ethnographic research. You will do this through the resources provided, your own research of immersive ethnographical approaches, and also through critiquing Dr. Loïc Wacquant’s work.
In your paper, include the following sections/components:
Role of Researcher (One to two pages)
- Explain the researcher’s role in qualitative research in general and specifically in an ethnographic approach.
- Discuss the unique issues that researchers should be concerned about in qualitative research.
- Explain the challenges researchers face in ethnographical research.
- Discuss specific actions researchers can take to ensure they retain their ethical and neutral stance in performing qualitative research and reporting their qualitative research results.
Loïc Wacquant’s Research (One to two pages)
- Summarize what Loïc Wacquant’s research was about.
- Determine whether or not Wacquant maintained an ethical and neutral stance.
- Justify the research approach Wacquant chose to take.
- Explain whether or not this could have been possible with a quantitative research study.
Impact of Research (One page)
- Discuss how qualitative research and, in particular, ethnographic research, can inform our understanding of unique social worlds.
- Describe the potential impact of research in supporting positive social change through public policy.
The Value of Qualitative Research paper
- Must be five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted