We will be developing and conducting a survey as a class to get some experience in collecting and analyzing data. For this project, we are going to focus on the topic area of “Domestic Violence.” For our survey, we are going to ask our participants to answer some questions about themselves (demographics and characteristics) and then they will read a case about domestic violence and answer some questions about what they think about the case. For your extra credit (2.5 pts, each question is worth .5 pts) you must submit the following:
1) One demographic question you think should be included in the survey (e.g, the participant’s income).
2) One characteristic or trait you think should be included in the survey (e.g., the participant’s self-esteem or the participant’s political view).
3) The participants will read a case about domestic violence that took place between a heterosexual couple with only one perpetrator. Would you rather have the participants answer what they think about a case where a woman is the perpetrator against a man OR where a man is a perpetrator against a woman?
4. One potential survey question about the case. MUST include response options. For example:
Q4. Do you believe the individual in this case should receive jail time?
5. One open-ended question about the case. For example:
Q5. What do you think might explain why __name__ engaged in domestic violence in this case?