The protection of organizational and consumer data is an ever-evolving challenge for any business that maintains or handles such information. Responsibilities to protect data are inherent in all job roles and is a necessary requirement for the perseverance and livelihood of all organizations.Select and conduct a case analysis on the Yahoo breach mentioned in the article “Five of the Biggest Data Breaches Ever.”After you’ve selected your case and reviewed the information, write a 3–5 pages in which you:
- Identify and describe the data breach incident and the method used by the perpetrator to launch the attack (data breach).
- Provide details on the time frame of the attack. Specifically, detail when it started, when it was discovered by the organization, and when it was mitigated.
- Analyze how the data breach could have been prevented with the proper security controls in place.
- Identify the mitigations that the organization put in place to prevent a recurrence of the attack.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Implement cybersecurity controls and policies to protect an organization’s assets.