To become an effective manager in the 21st century, the global economy requires a commitment to professional excellence and integrity, achievable through establishing habits of self-reflection, life-long learning, and professional development. The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on where students are currently in their management and leadership capabilities and on what they have learned about effective management in this course; examine their strengths and weaknesses, and determine how they can use the four principles of management and other management theories to create value in a given organization and how they want to develop and improve as they continue their leadership and management capabilities moving forward in their chosen field.
- Where are you in your management and leadership capabilities?
- What have you learned about effective management?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How can you use the four principles of management?
- How can you use the other management theories to create value in your organization?
- How do you want to develop and improve as you continue your leadership and management capabilities moving forward in your chosen field?
Students will conduct a research project and synthesize findings into a six-page report with five academic or scholarly references to address specified management objectives.