Discussion Board (DB) Posting Directions: ( See DB Rubric)
- Students are to be on the discussion board a minimum of four (4) days per week as evidenced by initial and response postings
- All initial and response postings are to be on separate days
- Support initial posting with two professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references
- Student posts one (1) initial response to the discussion board to begin each week on Monday at 12:01AM/EST and no later by 11:59 PM by Wednesday of each week (1 point).
- Student to post on three (3) separate days required each week which begins on Monday at 12:01AM/EST and ends by 11:59 PM/EST Sunday (0.5 points each post). Each response to include one reference from professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal in APA format.
- APA clarity (up to 0.5 points) – See Rubric
Discussion Board Instructions:
- Sickle cell disease is an adaptive response against malaria. Discuss and identify the pathogen and transmission of malaria.
- Where and why do you think an adaptation occurred that led to the development of sickle cell disease and what is the pathophysiology of the adaptation?
- Why do people who no longer live in parts of the world where malaria is prevalent still develop sickle cell disease and how and why does it occur?
- How can we advise families with this debilitating disease?