According to the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO), the four core components of knowledge management are:
- Governance: The leadership that commits to an organizational structure that is capable of managing the knowledge.
- Content: The quantity and quality of the data and information that is managed.
- Processes: The standards and guidelines that will be used to collect, manage, and disseminate information.
- Technology: The system supporting the other three components.
CHI and Knowledge Management
In Week 2, we discussed EHRs as they relate to knowledge management. This week, we take a look at the consumer perspective of PHR, Social Networking, Home Telemedicine, and Smart Phone Technology. Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research EHR. Based on your research and understanding, answer the following questions:
- Identify and describe the stakeholders involved in collecting and stakeholders involved with contributing to data collection in the Personal Health Record systems and other consumer informatics tools such as smartphone applications.
- Examine the role of knowledge management components in consumer informatics.
- Justify the importance of health literacy for patient empowerment in consumer informatics.
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned .
To support your work, use your course and text readings, South University Online Library and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.