There are many regulations and legal considerations impacting business decisions; let’s work to narrow down that list. In this discussion, you will work on the following critical elements of the final project: Trade Regulations and Legal Considerations. Consider the following options to find four measures of government influence on trade and employment:
- Use Wage Indicator to identify various employment laws in the country of Switzerland. These might include minimum wage, medical leave, holidays, discrimination laws, and so on. You may need to use the translation service through Google Chrome when accessing various sites. Additional resources can be found in the Reading and Resources section of this module.
- Search VAT and/or GST rates for your country.
- Use the Treasury.gov Sanctions Programs List to identify various sanctions influencing business in the country.
- Use various government websites to learn more about tariffs, labeling, restricted items, and other barriers to trade. Consider using the International Trade Representative to identify trade regulations.
Taking this one step further, discuss the significance of these four regulations. What do they mean for daily business and why do governments employ these methods?
Discussion Rubric: Undergraduate
Your active participation in the discussion forums is essential to your overall success this term. Discussion questions are designed to help you make meaningful connections between the course content and the larger concepts and goals of the course. These discussions offer you the opportunity to express your own thoughts, ask questions for clarification, and gain insight from your classmates’ responses and instructor’s guidance.
For your initial post (1), you must do the following:
- Compose a post of one to two paragraphs.