Assessment task instructions
This is an open-book assessment. Your task is to prepare an extended response to questions. In preparing your response you should firstly read the accompanying case study which gives background information about the organisation. You should then answer the following questions, relating your responses to the case study where appropriate.
1. Identify three key characteristics of the marketing concept.
2. Explain Britvic’s micro and macro environment.
3. Explain why market research and the information gathered are important to an organisation like Britvic.
4. Explain how Britvic might collect and use market research information. Include one quantitative and one qualitative research technique in your response.
5. Explain the process of marketing segmentation and targeting and the benefits of segmentation and targeting to Britvic.
6. Explain marketing theory in relation to each of the 4 P’s. Explain the factors that would affect how Britvic might decide on their choice of each of these items.
a. Produce mix and individual products
b. Distribution channels
c. Pricing methods
d. Promotional methods
7. In marketing a service, explain the importance of:
c. Physical environment
8. Explain how Britvic might adapt their marketing mix in response to three possible changes in market conditions.