https://assignmenttypers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/LOG-300x60.png 0 0 admin https://assignmenttypers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/LOG-300x60.png admin2023-02-21 17:47:052023-02-21 17:47:05Attribution assignment | Psychology homework help
Attribution assignment | Psychology homework help
Instructions: Answer the following six questions about a discussion you have with your friends or family. Make sure you answer ALL questions thoroughly. As a good rule of thumb, 1 sentence per point is a good start. So, for a 9 point question, 9 sentences is a good goal.
- Briefly describe the setting. How many people are in this conversation? How many are male/female? Are they friends, family or coworkers etc.? IMPORTANT: Make sure to tell me who the person NOT PRESENT is. You can provide their name, an alias, or a brief description (boyfriend, cousin, co-worker, etc.). The people / person(s) present should be discussing the person who is absent, so I need a little info about both – (9 points)
- Describe the event you were discussing that led your friend(s) to make attributions (if there are many events, just focus on one). (9 points)
- Does your conversation partner(s) seem to be making dispositional or situational attributions? First, define what you mean by dispositional or situational (what does it mean!). Second, describe their actual attribution in detail. That is, how did they describe the behavior of this missing person? Third, tell me WHY you think it was dispositional or situational. (9 points). This is an important one worth 9 points, so be specific!
- What happens when you suggest an alternative attribution (they are focused on dispositional attribution, and you suggest a situational attribution, or vice versa)? For this one, I want to know what specific attribution you suggested, so make sure to highlight your own suggestion in your answer (9 points)
- What kinds of “proof” do they offer to support their attribution? You can cheat a bit here and point out some similar items from #3 and #4 above, but only if they use it as proof. (9 points)
- Now tell them about the assignment, and see if they agree or disagree with your insights. Make sure to explain the concepts of dispositional and situational attributions to them. Do they think they tend to engage in one or the other more often? Why? (5 points)