Assignment 600 words | Computer Science homework help
Since even the best supervisors can only watch a few employees at a time, companies like Drishti are creating AI surveillance systems that track and time employee movements and gather data. This data is intended to allow managers to understand where employees can improve and then help them do so. Although AI and robotics aren’t advanced enough to do a lot of the processes workers currently do themselves, the data collected will allow them to learn the best ways to do these things in the future.Key Points
- AI systems are being designed to track, measure and time employee movements and actions
- This can lead to improvements in training and employee performance
- These systems tend to cause employees to fear for their jobs or performance
Case study questions
- What do you believe are the pros and cons of an AI system like this?
- How can these systems change how we work in different industries?
- Should managers use AI systems to monitor employee email and Internet usage? Why or why not?